Friday, May 17, 2013

Rotaract in Tunisia

What a fabulous two weeks of living-up the infamous French educational system (and it's 2 week breaks before finals!)

Many events, travels, and adventures comprise this break-for-the-(non)books and future blogs will continue to retrace my steps. 

The first weekend I traveled with my Rotaract Club (St. Cloud) for an exchange with another Rotaract club located in Monastir, Tunisia. I couldn't have been more excited about my first visit to North Africa, a place close to the French in history and culture.  This country, her people, and (again) the international connection brought about through Rotary/Rotaract, captured my heart. Highlights include visiting an Orphanage, La voix D'enfant in Monastir, and being again in a welcoming Muslim country, hearing the calls to prayer, and learning much about their beautiful, peaceful, and storied history.


Inspired from  my experiences, I returned to Paris and created this video compiling some of the many photos and videos from the weekend: 

OR SEE IT ON YOUTUBE HERE : 

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely weekend! Glad to see you looking so happy!

    ReplyDelete